Updated on: April 14, 2022
Bishop Ready High School’s websites, services, interactive applications, email messages and other online services (collectively "Communication Platforms") may use “cookies” and other technologies, such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our websites or services people have visited, measure the overall effectiveness of web searches or other campaigns, and help us protect our websites or services from malicious threats.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded by your browser to your device when you visit a website like this one. Cookies are useful as they allow you to navigate between pages efficiently, remember preferences and generally improve your experience. However, they can also be used by ad companies and social networking sites to tailor advertising or content to your interests through tracking your browsing across websites. Most websites contain elements from multiple web domains so when you visit the website, your browser may receive cookies from several sources.
The cookies used on our websites have been categorized based on the guidelines found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. We use the following categories on our websites and other online services:
- Category 1 – Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Cookies in this category are essential to enable you to browse around our websites and use their features. Without these cookies, core elements of our websites cannot be provided.
- Category 2 – Performance Cookies
- Cookies in this category collect information about how you use our websites — for instance, which pages you go to most. This data may be used to help us optimize our websites and make them easier for you to navigate. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Category 3 – Functionality Cookies
- Cookies in this category allow our websites to remember choices you make while browsing. For instance, we may store data that remembers preferences such as text size, fonts, and other customizable site elements. They may also be used to keep track of what featured articles have been viewed to avoid repetition. The information these cookies collect will not personally identify you, and they cannot track your browsing activity on non-Bishop Ready High School websites.
- Category 4 – Targeting or Advertising Cookies
- Cookies in this category are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks or social networking sites with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers or social networking sites.
Click-Through URLs & Pixel Tags
In some of our email messages, we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Bishop Ready High School website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Bishop Ready High School generally treats data we collect from these "cookies" and other technologies as non-personal information. However, some “cookies” and other technologies that may be used by this website require your consent as they may collect Personal Information. You also may be able to opt-out of the use of some technologies on this website that collect Non-Personal Information.
Some modern browsers (Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) also feature built-in privacy settings or have available plug-in's that, when configured and enabled, may prevent any cookies or other technologies from loading regardless of the privacy preferences consented to on this website.
Website Tracking (Analytics)
This website uses an e-privacy compliant web analytics platform, operated by our web hosting provider, to collect and analyze anonymous, non-personal usage data for performance optimization purposes. The data collected (under legitimate interest) is aggregated and only processed by us and our web hosting provider for our internal use.
Disabling Cookies or Changing Browser Settings
If you want to change your browser's privacy settings or cookie settings, you can do so by following the instructions for your browser. Please check your browser's help section or other support pages to find out how to change privacy settings or disable cookies. You can also remove any cookies already stored on your computer by clearing cookies and site data in your web browser.
Please note that certain features of the Bishop Ready High School website will not be available when privacy settings are enabled or cookies are disabled.
Do Not Track
Bishop Ready High School does not track its customers over time or across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Third parties that have content embedded on Bishop Ready High School websites may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific Bishop Ready High School website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other Personal Information from Bishop Ready High School websites unless you provide it to them directly.
Browser Tracking and Fingerprinting
Some modern browsers (mainly Google Chrome) are deploying devious browser integrated tracking mechanisms, such as the "Federated Learning of Cohorts (FLoC)", to track overall browsing habits without the user's knowledge. These mechanisms are intentionally designed to override any privacy settings, either made available by us or set in the browser. Thus allowing digital advertising companies (such as Google) to bypass current privacy regulations and build extremely targeted profiles based on the end-user's browsing history.
While Bishop Ready High School has attempted to opt-out of FLoC calculations, this type of tracking cannot be fully disabled by the either the website owner or the end-user.
Bishop Ready High School encourages you to learn about the privacy practices of your current browser provider and to use a browser that respects your privacy. Bishop Ready High School does not engage in browser tracking or fingerprinting practices and Bishop Ready High School is not responsible for the practices of any browser or browser add-on provider. Any information collected using these browser integrated tracking mechanisms, which may include Non-Personal Information or Personal Information, is governed by the privacy policies of the browser provider.
To discover if your browser has FLoC tracking enabled, or to learn more visit amifloced.org.